Thursday 3 June 2010

Only two weeks to go

Well hello!  My very own Blog Space.
I am currently preparing for my final show at Plymouth College of Art.  It is very scary.  I have spent the last five years worrying about my work and enjoying the interaction with new friends and now in only two weeks it will all be over. 
So.... I thought it was time to show what  have been doing with my time.  I am very excited by using sound in an art context.  I was inspired by an exhibition, 'Playing John Cage', I saw at the Arnolfini in Bristol  in November 2005.   While listening to the pieces, on three floors, I saw such incredible pictures in my mind's eye; the pieces stayed with me for days after and conjured ideas, thoughts and memories.  My imagination was not confined by a predetermined visual.
I started to learn about making sound recordings and then editing, combining, panning and filtering the audio files on my computer.  Please enjoy the first three pieces that I have uploaded.......and look out because there will be more to follow.  Just close your eyes and let your imagination roam.

No comments:

Post a Comment