Thursday 22 July 2010

Exhibiting My Work

An exhibition, Threads, opens on Saturday 24th July 2010 at the Duchy Centre for Creativity, Princetown , Yelverton, Devon Uk PL20 6QF until 5th September.  The Centre is open from 10am until 5pm everyday.
Entrance is free to this interesting building where exhibition spaces are to be found along side artist workshops.
The exhibition is textile based and I am very excited to see how my work will sit in this craft environment.  I have exhibited four interactive pieces; 3 soundscapes with textile lables and one sound piece with accompanying book; one piece of hand knitted fabric dipped in plaster and then threaded with copper wire. The knitted panel of copper wire that sits on the top has blackened with contact to the air.... how will it take to go blue?  or does it have to have some acid rain to that?
 I hope you will be able to drop by for the exhibition sometime during August.

No comments:

Post a Comment